Monday, December 13, 2010

Supergirlove

 I'm new to the fan girl game Ive always loved geeky things but wasn't fully introduced to the world until i met my real love my boyfriend, fellow blogger on this page. His obsession with comics, especially Superman,  lead us to coffee dates at a comic book store and adventures to San Diego for Comic Con. Immersed into that world I couldn't help but want a character i could call my own. Looking around at the comic book store you will quickly find there aren't too many girl characters that are marketed to Women. I wanted someone i could relate to and that was also associated with the character my boyfriend loved. I wanted to be apart of his world in my own way, unfortunately the girl heroines in Superman's life are very limited. When low and behold i find myself a hot blond girl with powers that can keep Superman on his toes, my kinda girl already. I dove full force into the world of Supergirl and continue to fall in love with her to this day.

My first introduction to her was from Superman/Batman: Supergirl. Jeph Loeb drew me into Kara's world while Turner made it impossible to look away from the pages. Ive followed this Supergirl, Kara Zor-El's, story line from this point on. I really loved where Sterling Gates took her story, sad to see him and Jamal Igle go but excited to continue reading and see where her story will go.I'm breaking open the New Krypton series next so watch out for more posts about that series. 
Supergirlove~



 

No comments:

Post a Comment